3 Bay Area Growing GroundsAcross our Bay Area Growing Grounds, we integrate all stages of plant development from seedlings to large, boxed trees.
Colma | South San Francisco
• | Primary growing grounds
• | Conveniently located on SF peninsula
• | Ground covers, flowering shrubs + boxed trees
• | Customer Will Call pick up area
• | Sales + customer service office
• | Hand carts available for plant selection
Primary Growing Grounds
Our primary growing facility and sales office is located just south of San Francisco in Colma.
All of the plants here are optimized to thrive in the unique micro-climates of the Bay Area. That’s because most of them were either born or have been raised here.
King Island Growing Grounds
The summers are hotter and the winters are colder in our King Island facility near Stockton. This special climate provides the ability to grow species that thrive in an environment that differs from the coastal regions of San Francisco Bay.
This facility is optimized for growing trees and provides the opportunity to produce more unusual tree types in larger and less typical sizes.
King Island | Stockton
• | Primary tree growing grounds
• | Unusual tree types
• | Larger + less typical tree sizes
• | Ground Covers, flowering shrubs + boxed trees
• | Large + diverse inventory
Gabilan | San Martin
• | Primary propagation facility
• | Ground covers + flowering shrubs
• | Latest eco-friendly growing techniques
• | California natives
• | Unique + sought after specimens
Gabilan Growing Grounds
We produce plants from the bottom up at our facility in San Martin. Here, we clone varieties of plants—including CA natives—for the unique coastal climate of the Bay Area.
We foster and cultivate these plant varieties with the latest eco-friendly techniques. And we strive to produce plants sought after by landscape professionals and their customers.
“I swear by you guys.”
Amelia Schoellenbach Gardening