This much anticipated annual event provides an opportunity for gardeners of all ages and levels of expertise to learn more about gardening techniques and best practices, share tips and tricks with other gardeners, and explore thousands of new gardening products and services.
New owners, new focus, and an inspired agendaPast attendance at the SFF&GS has reached over 60,000. The show was also recently acquired by business partners Sherry Larsen and Maryanne Lucas. The 2014 show theme, “Inspired”, is intended to engage past attendees as well as exciting new visitors with the beauty and satisfaction that every garden provides.
All event visitors will gain insights on how to develop and maintain more utilitarian and elegant gardens—especially in the current drought-stressed environment of the Bay Area. Some special features of this year’s show include:
- A juried exhibition of creative and inspirational garden design at its best
- A large organic edible garden display
- Small space gardens that celebrate the garden-to-table movement
- Over 70 workshops and seminars on green topics and new landscape techniques
- An expanded marketplace to purchase plants, orchids, seeds, tools, and unique outdoor items and crafts from over 300 vendors
Where, when, and whatThe event takes place March 19-23, 2014 at the San Mateo Event Center. The five-day-long show includes 20 show gardens, over 150 speakers, and a marketplace offering thousands of plants and garden-related products held in over 200,000 square feet of space.
Seminar speakers and leading design experts from across the nation will be sharing topics that include:
- | The Art of Aesthetic Pruning | Aesthetic Pruners Association
- | Orchid Care | Adam Anderson
- | The Beautiful Edible Garden | Leslie Bennett and Star Apple
- | Miniature Gardens—a New Way to Grow | Janit Calvo
- | Basic Beekeeping | Allan and Nell Henniger
Get your tickets early to saveTickets are available through Eventbrite. An All Show, 5- Pass is $30. But the best deal is the early bird Adult Day Ticket purchased by March 9th for only $16. To learn more, just visit the SFF&GS website
Come and get inspired
Whether you’re looking for do-it-yourself inspiration, professional resources for a landscape project or you just want to stroll through some amazing gardens, there’s no better way to welcome Spring and a new growing season than by visiting the San Francisco Flower & Garden Show.
If you attend the show, share a comment and tell us what you found inspiring. We look forward to hearing from you or seeing you there!
As President of Pacific Nurseries, Don Baldocchi gets satisfaction knowing the Bay Area is greener and more beautiful by helping landscape professionals succeed. Email Don or give him a call at 650.755.2330.